|| By FITSNEWS || Billionaire real estate mogul and reality television mega-star Donald Trump has postponed his scheduled appearances in early-voting South Carolina on the heels of this week’s “Holy City Massacre.”
“The tragic events that occurred on Wednesday evening should be our nation’s primary focus for the foreseeable future,” Trump said in a statement. “This is a time for healing, not politics.”
Trump made a splash entrance into the 2016 “Republican” presidential race earlier this week – and was planning to pay a visit to the Palmetto State as part of his announcement tour. But the senseless murder of nine black churchgoers in downtown Charleston, S.C. – including their pastor, S.C. Senator Clementa Pinckney – has put the kibosh on the “First in the South” presidential primary race.
And rightfully so …
“I look forward to returning to South Carolina and continuing our discussion on how we can best move our country forward,” Trump said. “Until that time our prayers and deepest condolences are with the people of Charleston and the families of those who have been torn apart by this senseless act of violence and hate.”
Yesterday former Florida governor Jeb Bush – who also announced his presidential bid this week – cancelled a scheduled South Carolina appearance in the aftermath of the tragedy.