Terms and Conditions
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All content included in this Site or in or through the other Services, such as text, photos, logos, video, graphics, audio, computer code, and the arrangement and selection of such content, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and/or other intellectual property rights of FITS and/or its third-party content providers. The trademarks “FITSNEWS,” “FITSnews.com,” “WEEK IN REVIEW” and “CHEER INCORPORATED,” as well as the business names, logos, slogans, trade dress and all other marks on this Site or in the Services are trademarks of FITS or its third-party content providers.You may use material from this Site or the Services only for your own personal, non-commercial use (including posting on your personal social networking platforms, provided you do not delete, change, or obscure any of the FITS content and do not misrepresent the FITS content as your own). No portion of this Site or the other Services may be republished, reproduced, duplicated, copied, uploaded, downloaded, posted, transmitted, modified, sold, or otherwise exploited for any purpose that is not expressly permitted by FITS or under copyright law. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution, or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of trademarks, author attribution or copyright notices may be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading material from this Site or the Services.Requests for permission to use FITS Content for commercial purposes or if you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on this Site or through the Services without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may contact our designated copyright agent by postal mail or email at the following address: Katrina Folks, FITSNews, P.O. Box 3642, Irmo, SC, 29063, email: [email protected]. This contact information is only for suspected copyright infringement. Contact information for other matters is provided elsewhere on this Site or in the Services.
- SUBMISSION OF CONTENT BY USERS
In certain places, this Site or the Services may allow users to submit comments, forum or chat room entries, blog entries, letters, ideas, photos, videos, emails or other content – either directly to the Site or the Services (including to us through the Site or the Services) or through third party service providers. While we generally would like to permit you to provide content to or through the Site or other Services, there are certain restrictions on your providing content. They are as follows:
- License: By submitting or posting content (including, without limitation, text, photos, audio, video, graphics, news stories, blog posts, or any content in our Services’ public areas such as chat rooms, message boards, social networking platforms, news submission services, etc.) you grant FITS a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully and freely assignable and sub-licensable license to any rights you have in the content submitted – including, but not limited to, the rights to use, display, publish, translate, reproduce, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, and perform publicly your content (or any part thereof) online and offline in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter devised. You further agree that FITS and its licensees have the right to use your name and likeness in connection with FITS’ publication, display, modification, distribution, or other use of such content. FITS is free to use any ideas, techniques, inventions, concepts, know-how, or other information that you provide to FITS (whether directly or through its third-party service providers) for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or remuneration.
- Standards: If you submit, transmit, distribute, post, communicate, or store (collectively “post” or “posting” content), you are soley responsible for your own content, the consequences of posting such content, and your reliance on any content found in these areas. You agree not to post any content that: (a) infringes on any third-party intellectual property, publicity, privacy, moral (droit moral) or other legal rights; (b) violates any applicable law or regulation; (c) is defamatory, threatening, harassing, obscene, harmful to minors, or child pornographic; (d) is false or misleading; (e) promotes physical or emotional harm in any way; (f) contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful components (including, but not limited to, computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information); (g) is commercial in nature, other than as specifically solicited by this Site; (h) constitutes unsolicited junk or bulk email (“spam”); or (i) is tortious or criminal.
- Warranty / Indemnity: You warrant and guarantee that you own all intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, publicity, moral (droit moral) and other rights to any content that you submit. You further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless against: (a) any and all claims to the rights to content that you provide to us, (b) any and all claims that someone’s rights were violated by our display or other use of the content that you provide to us.
- Monitoring of Content / Removal: You understand that we may, but are not obligated to, monitor or review content in any public area and that we shall not have any liability whatsoever related to the content you or others post, whether arising under the laws of libel, privacy, copyright, trademark, obscenity, or otherwise. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger due to user posted content, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. You further agree that FITS may, in its sole discretion, modify, remove or refuse to accept any content for any reason.
- Release: Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from participating in activities that require registration and the collection of Personal Information. Parents and legal guardians may register for the activity on behalf of their child, under the parent or legal guardian’s own name and Personal Information. Persons between the ages for 13 and 18 years may not participate in most activities on this Service, unless designated otherwise. You agree to release FITS (including without limitation, for purposes of this Section C.5 of the Agreement, the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, owners (including without limitation, Viewpolitik, LLC), members, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensors, licensees, third party contractors, agents, attorneys and representatives of FitsNEWS, LLC from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from FITS’ use or non-use of content submitted by you or any third party.
- No Endorsement / Recommendation: FITS does not endorse, recommend, or take any responsibility for any content submitted to the Services by any advertiser, service provider, vendor, or other third-party (“Provider”), even if FITS displays such content.
- DISCLAIMER WITH RESPECT TO ADVERTISERS, CONTRACTORS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
- DISCLAIMER WITH RESPECT TO OTHER INTERNET SITES
FITS has not reviewed all of the sites, or content of sites, that may be accessed from or linked to this Site or the Services. FITS is not responsible for the content of any pages or Internet images, information, or data, which are not contained on this Site or the Services. Viewing of any and all other Web sites shall be at your own risk.
- PROHIBITION ON USE / ENFORCEMENT OF TERMS
FITS may at any time, for any reason, prohibit your further use in whole or in part of this Site or the Services. We may also take any action that we deem necessary to enforce this Agreement, and to protect against unlawful or improper use of this Site or the Services. You hereby expressly agree to waive any and all claims you may have (whether currently in existence and/or arising hereafter) against FITS for any failure by us to enforce this Agreement, whether against you or a third party. FITS’ failure to act in a particular circumstance does not waive its right to act with respect to that circumstance or other circumstances.
- ACCESS LIMITS
Without FITS’ express consent, you may not frame any pages from the Site or the Services, place pop-up windows over pages of the Site or the Services, or otherwise affect the display of the Site’s pages or of the Services. Moreover, under no circumstances may you: (i) derive or attempt to derive the source or object code, source files or structure of this Site, the Services, or their content by reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or any other means; (ii) attempt to access the accounts of others, or attempt to penetrate security measures of the systems of FITS or its affiliates or contractors (“hacking”), whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data; or (iii) transmit to FITS or by means of this Site or the Services any unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, or any other form of unauthorized or unsolicited transmission. FITS grants you permission to link to this Site (without framing it) or the Services, but may revoke this permission at any time for any reason.
- YOUR ACCOUNT
In order to obtain certain products or services through this Site or the Services, you may be required to set up an account. In such a case, you will be required to provide certain information about yourself when setting up the account. You may not provide inaccurate or incomplete information. You are responsible for any use of your account, this Site or the Services by anyone using your account password, email address, or other personal identifier. Thus, if for any reason you suspect that your account password or other identifying information has been compromised, you should contact FITS at once.
- PARENTAL CONTROL PROVISIONS
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at Get Net Wise, www.getnetwise.org.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITYYOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND THE OTHER SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FITS (including without limitation, for purposes of this Section J of the Agreement, FITSNews, LLC, and its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, owners, members, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensors, licensees, third party contractors, attorneys and representatives and any other parties involved in creating, producing or delivering this Site, the Services or any of the content, products or services available on or through this Site or the Services) HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND/OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, fits MAKES NO AND DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED: (i) AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES, AND/OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES; (ii) THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CURRENCY OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES; (iv) THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES DOES NOT INFRINGE ON THE RIGHTS OF YOU OR THIRD PARTIES; AND/OR (v) THAT THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THEIR SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM OR ON BEHALF OF FITS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.FITS DOES NOT GUARANTY THE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES. THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE THE CONTROL OF FITS.UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FITS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES) THAT RESULT FROM THE CONTENT OF, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELIANCE BY A USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES AND/OR DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO FITS’ RECORDS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER BASIS – EVEN IF FITS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LIABILITY. WITH RESPECT TO DIRECT DAMAGES, YOUR REMEDY IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) AND DISCONTINUANCE OF USE OF (AND ANY MEMBERSHIP IN) THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE, AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES.THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless FITS (including without limitation, for purposes of this Section K of the Agreement, FITSNews, LLC, Viewpolitik, LLC and its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, owners, members, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensors, licensees, third party contractors, attorneys and representatives and any other parties involved in creating, producing or delivering this Site, the Services or any of the content, products or services available on or through this Site or the Services) from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs, that arise from, concern, or are connected with your use or misuse of this Site, the Services or their content. FITS reserves the right to assume the defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with FITS in asserting any available defenses and will pay all of FITS’ attorneys’ fees and costs in such defense.
The provisions of this Agreement are intended to be severable. If for any reason any provision of this Agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part in any jurisdiction, such provision shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without in any manner affecting the validity or enforceability thereof in any other jurisdiction or the remaining provisions hereof in any jurisdiction.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
You agree that the laws of the State of South Carolina will govern this Agreement and your use of this Site and the Services. The state and federal courts of Columbia, South Carolina, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any litigation that may arise out of, or be related to, this Agreement and/or your use of the Site or the Services. You agree to waive any objection based on forum non conveniens or any objection to venue in Columbia, South Carolina, of any such action.
- INTERNATIONAL USE
FITS makes no representation that this Site or the Services (including the content, services or products provided on or through them) are appropriate for or available to locations outside the United States of America; and using this Site or the Services from territories where it is illegal to do so is prohibited. Any offer for a product or service through this Site or the Services is void where prohibited. Use of this Site or the Services is done at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
You agree that this Agreement and all rights and licenses provided to FITS under this Agreement are fully and freely assignable and sub-licensable by FITS without further compensation to you.
- INTEGRATION AND MODIFICATION
Except as otherwise specified herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and FITS with respect to this Site, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications or proposals between you and FITS with respect to this Site and the Services. You may not modify this Agreement other than by obtaining FITS’ signed, written consent to such a modification.
- NOTICE / CONTACT
FITSNews can be contacted at P.O. Box 3642 Irmo SC 29063.Legal notices shall be sent to FITSNews at the following address: FITSNews, Attention: Legal Department, P.O. Box 3642, Irmo, SC 29063. Notice will be considered given upon receipt.FITS is entitled to assume that any address information that you provide to us is correct, and FITS may contact you at such address. Notice will be considered given when sent.Copyright © 2022, FITSNews,LLC All rights reserved.
These terms and conditions (“Payment Terms”) apply to payments you make to FitsNews for subscription services. (the “Service”) using a credit or debit card. As used in these Payment Terms, “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to FitsNews, LLC. “You” and “your” refer to the person giving this consent and to any person you are authorized to represent with respect to use of the Service. By authorizing payment(s) to us in connection with the Service, you are accepting and agreeing to these Payment Terms.
- Payment(s) through the Service may only be made with a credit card or debit card that we accept and that has been issued to you as the cardholder, and for which you have provided us with the information we require to process payments (“Card”). We may elect to accept or decline any credit card or debit card for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- You are authorizing us to obtain payment of all fees you incur or agree to incur for the Service, either now or any time in the future, via charge(s) to the account accessed using the Card.
- If you agree to a recurring payment, you are authorizing regularly scheduled charges to the Card. You will be charged the applicable payment for each billing period. A receipt for each payment will be provided to you at the email address you have provided to us, and the charge will appear on the next periodic statement you receive for transactions on your Card. You agree that we are not required to provide you with prior notification of recurring payments unless the date or amount of the payment changes, in which case we will send you a notice, addressed to the email address you have provided to us, at least 10 days prior to the date the payment is processed.
- If any payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the payments may be processed on the next business day.
- If a recurring payment is not authorized, we will send you a notice at the email address you have provided to us. You will have 7 calendar days from that date to make alternative arrangements to make the payment. If the payment is not made, we may cancel your access to the Service and/or any subscription you have contracted for within the Service.
- The authorization to charge your Card will remain in effect until you cancel it in accordance with the procedures we establish, which may change from time to time and will be described on our website. You may cancel this authorization at any time, provided that you notify us at least 15 days prior to the next billing date.
- The service is provided using the Payment Processor through a secure website. However, you acknowledge that your personal information, including without limitation Card information, transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to interception, misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud.
- You are responsible for assuring that all the information provided as part of the Service, including information concerning the Card and Card data, is correct, accurate and complete.
- Each time you authorize a one-time or recurring payment, or provide information concerning your Card, you are representing, warranting, and confirming that:
- You are over 18 years of age;
- You have the appropriate authority to accept and agree to these Payment Terms;
- You are the holder of the Card, and the Card is issued in your name.
- You are authorized to make and authorize payments using the Card.
- There are sufficient funds and/or sufficient credit available on the Card account at the time each payment is processed to fund the payment in full.
- You agree to notify us of any changes in the account information for your Card at least 15 days prior to the next billing date. You agree to notify us of any change to your contact information, including without limitation your email address.
- You are responsible for any charges or fees assessed against the Card by the Card issuer or any other third party.
- You agree to read these Payment Terms before using the Service and authorizing payments. You should retain a copy of your transaction authorization(s) and these Payment Terms. Limitations on Liability and Exclusion of Warranties
- We and/or the Payment Processor are not liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall we and/or the Payment Processor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the processing of payments or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Service.
- NEITHER WE NOR THE PAYMENT PROCESSOR MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO PROCESSING OF PAYMENTS UNDER THESE PAYMENT TERMS.
Amendment and Cancellation of Payment Terms
We may amend these Payment Terms at any time without giving prior notice. Any amendment applies to payments and transactions that occur after the date the amendment is effective. We may change, suspend, or terminate the availability or features of online payments at any time, without prior notice.
These Payment Terms will be governed by the law of the state of South Carolina without regard to choice or conflicts of law provisions.