It has been a pleasure serving as your State Treasurer over the past three years. With another year upon us, I would like to take a moment to reflect on some of our accomplishments. Since taking office, the State Treasurer’s Office has instituted a number of reforms. Here are a few of our successes:
- We completed a GAAP Financial Audit – the first to be done since 1988
- We conducted the first Performance Audit in the history of the State Treasurer’s Office
- We have revamped our IT security to better protect your money and personal information
- We refinanced over $1 billion in bonds, saving the state $164 million dollars
- We upgraded our Unclaimed Property system, and returned over $37 million to their rightful owners
- We have been fighting the most expensive pension investment plan in the country, the SC Retirement System Investment Commission, which pays the highest fees in the country while its returns are in the bottom 20%!
My promise to you is to continue to protect your money. I am honored to serve the wonderful people of South Carolina as your State Treasurer. With a new year on the horizon, I would like to wish you and your family a prosperous 2014!
P.S. If you would like to join our team and can help support our campaign today by donating $25 or more, we’ll send you a free “I Stand With Curt” bumper sticker and campaign koozie. Click here to let us know if you would like a black or orange koozie. Thank you for your continued support.
(Editor’s Note: The above communication is an email from an elected official and does not necessarily reflect the editorial position of FITSNews.com. To submit your letter, news release, email blast, media advisory or issues statement for publication, click here).