SC

Liberal SC Lawmaker Seeks Superintendent’s Job

S.C. Rep. Doug Brannon (RINO-Spartanburg) is making fundraising calls to his trial lawyer buddies inYou must Subscribe or log in to read the rest of this content.

You must Subscribe or log in to read the rest of this content.

Related posts

SC

S.C. Attorney General Leads Parental Rights Coalition

Erin Parrott
SC

South Carolina Attorney General Addresses Title IX Changes

FITSNews
SC

It’s Getting Hot In South Carolina

Will Folks

54 comments

Billy K Mulligan July 9, 2013 at 8:39 am

What would be different in policy, had Haley been able to appoint the Supt. of Education? Not much it would appear.

nitrat July 9, 2013 at 11:09 am

You’ve seen the destruction at and via DHEC and you ask that question?
Not to mention SCDSS. SCDOR, SCDEW, SCDOT and how many other cabinet agencies that started sliding under the totally disinterested Sanford and accelerated under Haley’s incompetence?

bkmulligan July 9, 2013 at 8:39 am

nitrat July 9, 2013 at 11:09 am

You’ve seen the destruction at and via DHEC and you ask that question?

jimlewisowb July 9, 2013 at 9:28 am

Word is Haley already has a candidate for Superintendent if she gets re-elected and is given the power to appoint

Her third cousin twice removed on her Daddy’s side is currently running a 6 to 12 Kum ‘n Go outside of Bamberg near Little India Crossroads

Given the fact that a fair number of SC Highs School graduates will end up working in such establishments he looks to be a logical choice

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:41 am

that’s tellin’ em

jimlewisowb July 9, 2013 at 9:28 am

Word

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:41 am

that’s tellin’ em

? July 9, 2013 at 10:09 am

He’s going to have a hard time not returning phone calls and avoiding responsibility when he has an office in a public building. Maybe he should re-think.

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:40 am

that’s tellin em’

? July 9, 2013 at 10:09 am

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:40 am

that’s tellin em’

GrandTango July 9, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Zais’ big problem is he may not be aware of how HATEFUL and Dangerous the education NAZIs are…

These leftwingers have gotten widly rich robbing us and perpetuated liberalism, despite being totally incompetent…

They are not be be soft-handled…

Dzzz Nuuutttzz July 10, 2013 at 9:10 am

“They are not be be soft-handled”

Thank you.

GrandTango July 10, 2013 at 9:12 am

What are you talking about, Dumb@$$????

Baker July 9, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Good for Rep. Brannon. He’s a good guy, and a friend of the state’s children in public schools. Which is what the state super should be.

Laughing in Landrum July 9, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Coming from a son of a liberal faculty member of Wofford College I am not surprised Doug is your friend. Doug’s only claim to fame is his daddy’s money. Doug should go back to Landrum where he thinks he is somebody.

Baker July 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Oh, now, Laughing. Do you have to be like that?

Anyway, Doug and I aren’t really personal friends. But I respect his support of public education in the face of Spartanburg’s Tea Party scene. And, by the way, he did awfully well against Tea Party guy Joey Millwood and ran unopposed this time around. So maybe his views on education are pretty well received by his constituents.

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:45 am

THat’s tellin em

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:45 am

That’s tellin em

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:44 am

that’s tellin em

Baker July 9, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Laughing in Landrum July 9, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Baker July 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Oh, now, Laughing. Do you have to be like that?

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:45 am

THat’s tellin em

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:45 am

That’s tellin em

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:44 am

that’s tellin em

Reform education now. July 9, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Brannon is the absolute worse in legislature on education! I’m no big fan of Zais, but I will campaign for him should Brannon run.

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:39 am

that’s tellin em

Reform education now. July 9, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:39 am

that’s tellin em

Hooked on Brannon Phonics July 9, 2013 at 3:10 pm

The job responsibilities of this position aren’t even on par with a drive through order taker at McDonalds:

It’s the perfect job for Brannon.

Hooked on Brannon Phonics July 9, 2013 at 3:10 pm

It’s the perfect job for Brannon.

Doug Brannon SC House 38 July 9, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Here are the FACTS: Legislative session just ended. I am very frustrated by the fact that we accomplished very close to nothing this session. I am considering a run for State Superintendent but will not make the decision until the Legislative “fog” clears. I have not made a single fundraising call and have not raised a penny for a statewide race. The children of SC and the wonderful teachers of this state deserve a Superintendent that is supportive and truly works to improve education. When I make my decision, I will let you know.

Curious July 9, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Yeah, I had to upvote because this might actually be Rep. Brannon responding.

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:43 am

that’s tellin em….

Kristi Walker July 10, 2013 at 12:10 am

You’re move to try and remove Option 3 in SC has sealed your fate, no matter how much money you try to raise, Doug. You should have thought longer before trying to sneak a bill through that had nothing to do with homeschoolers. You lied and you were caught. You’ll have to face the consequences for that.

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:42 am

that’s tellin em..

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:42 am

that’s tellin em!

Doug's Former Client July 23, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Doug Brannon is unfit to be a Family Court Lawyer, much less a Secretary of Education. I wasted $3,000. True story.

“Yo Doug can I get a few bucks back to pay Guardian Ad Litem and Mediation fees?”

Doug Brannon SC House 38 July 9, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Curious July 9, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Yeah, I had to upvote because this might actually be Rep. Brannon responding.

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:43 am

that’s tellin em….

Kristi Walker July 10, 2013 at 12:10 am

Your move to try and remove Option 3 in SC has sealed your fate, no matter how much money you try to raise, Doug. You should have thought longer before trying to sneak a bill through that had nothing to do with homeschoolers. You lied and you were caught. You’ll have to face the consequences for that.

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:42 am

that’s tellin em..

Cuddles July 10, 2013 at 7:42 am

that’s tellin em!

Doug's Former Client July 23, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Francine Fishpaw July 10, 2013 at 1:33 am

To quote,Cuddles,’God,I wish I lived in Connecticut!’

BadLuckLetRetardedPplInnaHouse July 10, 2013 at 7:34 am Reply
Francine Fishpaw July 10, 2013 at 1:33 am

To quote,Cuddles,’God,I wish I lived in Connecticut!’

BadLuckLetRetardedPplInnaHouse July 10, 2013 at 7:34 am Reply
idiotwind July 10, 2013 at 9:39 am

i wish FITS would stick to rumors and not comment on issues he doesn’t understand. it encourages armchair shitheads all over. that said, Zais has got to go. he is the most useless bowl of bureaucratic turd salad the state has ever seen. he doesn’t even have the energy to be an entertaining fool like Knotts or Fair. he is just absent and that isn’t good for any policy.

idiotwind July 10, 2013 at 9:39 am