SOUTH CAROLINA BACKUP CONSIDERING 2015 DRAFT …
By FITSNEWS || Several things went through our heads when we saw that University of South Carolina running back Brandon Wilds was contemplating a move to the National Football League in 2015.
Here they are, in the approximate order in which they were thought (thunk?) …
1) Isn’t this guy the Gamecocks’ backup running back? (Yes).
2) What is the backup running back on a 4-5 football team doing discussing his NFL options? (Good question).
3) Shouldn’t a backup running back on a 4-5 football team be more focused on helping his team become bowl-eligible? (Yes).
4) Wait … what are Brandon Wilds’ stats? (71 carries, 445 rushing yards, three rushing touchdowns, 13 receptions, 108 receiving yards, one receiving touchdown in 2014).
5) Should we cut Wilds’ some slack in light of what happened to former Gamecock running back Marcus Lattimore? (Yes).
6) Is this a chance for us to further pimp our proposal to fully privatize higher education/ pay NCAA football players? (Yes).
7) Where might Wilds be drafted? (Not sure, but well behind his teammate Mike Davis, Georgia’s Todd Gurley, Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon, Alabama’s T.J. Yeldon, Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah, Southern Cal’s Javorius Allen, Miami’s Duke Johnson, Boise State’s Jay Ajayi, Michigan State’s Jeremy Langford, Indiana’s Tevin Coleman, Mississippi State’s Josh Robinson, Florida’s Matt Jones and LSU’s Kenny Hilliard, to name a few).