Connect with us


Dissent Is Rising




Remember that column our founding editor wrote awhile back?  You know … the piece about people finally waking up to the reality of where this country is headed?

Looks like the mass illumination is picking up speed …

According to the results of a new NBC News / Wall Street Journal poll, more than 70 percent of the country believes America is headed down the wrong track.  Meanwhile 80 percent of Americans are dissatisfied with the country’s political system – which makes us wonder what the other 20 percent are smoking.

U.S. President Barack Obama?  His approval rating has plunged to 40 percent in the survey – a new all-time low in this poll.  And the ever-unpopular U.S. Congress gets an anemic 14 percent approval rating.

Oh, and here’s the kicker:  A whopping 64 percent of respondents told pollsters the economic recession is still impacting them.

Which again … makes you wonder what the other 36 percent (well, minus the government-subsidized “1 percent“) are smoking.

Other nuggets from the survey?

  • 40 percent say someone in their household lost a job in the past five years;
  • 27 percent say they have more than $5,000 in student-loan debt for either themselves or their children;
  • 20 percent have more than $2,000 in credit card debt they are unable to pay off month to month;
  • and 17 percent say they have a parent or a child over 21 years old living with them for financial or health reasons.

Ouch …

The NBC/ WSJ survey was conducted from July 30 – August 3, 2014.  It surveyed 1,000 American adults and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percent.

To view the results of the poll for yourself, click on the link below …


Posts Remaining