In what is expected to be one of the most widely covered media events in the South Carolina Upstate this year, the alleged victim in Greenville County sheriff Will Lewis’ rape, stalking and cover-up case will address members of the media next week.
Sources close to Savannah Nabors, a 23-year-old former Greenville sheriff’s employee who claims Lewis sexually assaulted her earlier this year, tell us she will hold a press conference next Wednesday (September 20).
What will Nabors say? Stay tuned …
No word yet on what time of day this event will be held (or where), but as soon as we have more specific information regarding the press conference we will be sure to pass it along to our readers.
Late last month, this website exclusively reported on Nabors bombshell revelations – which were made via a gripping online blog post in which she warned “the sheriff’s next sexual assault victim.”
“He’s a church-going man, strong in his faith,” Nabors wrote. “You think he could never be capable of something so manipulative, so hypocritical. The man that you think is legal, ethical, and moral is anything but those things.”
According to Nabors’ post, Lewis’ alleged assault earlier this year left her “feeling disgusted, used, broken, and violated.”
(Click to view)
Both Nabors and Lewis, 42, were married at the time of the alleged sexual assault – which she claims took place earlier this year while the two of them were out of town together on a business trip.
“This man, who is twice my age … used his power, his authority in his position, and the trust that he had built to coerce me into allowing him into my hotel room on a business trip out of town,” she wrote. “He forced himself on me. He took advantage of me. He brainwashed me from the moment I met him.”
In addition to the alleged rape and stalking, Nabors accused Lewis of attempting to cover up his alleged crime by threatening to fire anyone at his law enforcement agency who went public with information about it.
(Click to view)
(Via: Younique Beauty)
“We’ve been in touch with SLED, which has opened an active investigation into this matter,” Taylor told us.
Previously, Taylor told us her client was “cooperating” with SLED’s investigation.
Lewis has yet to publicly address the allegations against him. His office issued a brief statement requesting the SLED probe on August 31, stating at the time that it would have no further comment until such a time as the investigation was concluded.
So far, he’s been as good as his word on that front …
Stay tuned. We will update our readers as soon as we have additional information on next week’s media event.
WANNA SOUND OFF?
Got something you’d like to say in response to one of our stories? Please feel free to submit your own guest column or letter to the editor via-email HERE. Got a tip for us? CLICK HERE. Got a technical question? CLICK HERE. Want to support what we’re doing? SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Banner via Text